Solar heat …
One of the biggest solar plant for swimming pool heating in France
The city of Pont de Claix (38) decided to expand its environmental choices according to its program «Agenda 21» . They worked closely with Compagnie de Chauffage de l’Agglomération de Grenoble (CCIAG) during 2012 on a new project : designing and building a new solar plant dedicated to the public swimming pool “Flottibulle”.
CCIAG worked in partnership with Lacaze Energies on the management of the project, the design and the supply of equipement. A specialized company, IRCM, designed and built the structural elements on the roof. The city of Pont de Claix signed a contrat for the whole management of the swimming pool and the solar plant which collectors have been installed on the roof.
The power plant was inaugurated in octobre 2012 by the city Mayor, the chairmen of CCIAG and the CEO of Lacaze Energies.
Facts & figures
- An efficient collaboration between Public authorities and private investors
- City of Pont de Claix : benefits from reduced energy costs by using the swimming pool roof,
- CCIAG : private investor, in charge of management and maintenance of the swimming pool
- Lacaze Energies : design & project management, supply of solar collectors, exchangers, and supervision
- An innovative and environnement friendly installation
- 184 flat bed collectors delivered by LACAZE ENERGIES, 470m² on a flat roof,
- Production of 310 MWh/year, for swimming pools preheating,
- Emission of 20 to 40 tons of CO2 saved per year
- Project funding
- Total cost : 335 000 euros
- Partial financial aid from ADEME (French Agency for Energy) and Rhône-Alpes region.